As this experimental sample was to be done on canvas, we were instructed to create our own design, as most of our line designs and the shape designs created in Modules 1 and 2 would not be easily translated onto canvas. So, keeping in mind that the focus on the module is shape, I tried to create and add a variety of shapes on the canvas (12 count).
I started by spraying the canvas with acrylic inks, and then applied chunks of painted Wonder Under to it. I also added a little Angelina fibre to add a tiny bit of sparkle. Finally, I stencilled on the canvas with paint.
|Distressed painted Tyvek, crocheted washer, stitching, and commercial trim|
|Painted wood sticks with wire accents|
The stitching was done with a variety of threads, from a heavy acrylic yarn, to a #8 pearl cotton.
Working on a canvas was different for me, as I usually work on a fairly solid background of some sort. It was also different to create elements that were basically linear, except for the washers. All in all, it was engaging and this was the final piece for Module 2.